Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce).
You can cook Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce) using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce)
- You need 300 grams of Ground pork or ground beef.
- Prepare 3 of leaves Cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 200 ml of Panko.
- You need 60 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Frying oil.
- It’s of Easy 2-Step Batter (Recipe ID: 1364962).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 8 tbsp of Cake flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Panko.
- You need of Grated Onion Sauce.
- It’s 150 ml of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Mentsuyu (3x concentrate).
- It’s 2 tsp of Your favorite grilling sauce (or Worcestershire-style sauce).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Grated onion.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce) instructions
- [Grated Onion Sauce] Combine all the ingredients except for the katakuriko slurry in a pot. Once it comes to a slight boil, add the katakuriko slurry to thicken..
- [Easy 2-Step Batter] Crack the egg open into a bowl and beat. Add the cake flour and water and mix well..
- Finely chop the cabbage, rub in the salt, and let sit for a bit. Finely chop the onion. Add the panko and milk and let soak..
- Combine the meat, egg, the Step cabbage (wring out the moisture), the Step 3 onions, the Step 3 panko, salt, and pepper in a bowl and knead well with your hands..
- Divide Step 4's meat mixture into 6 cm diameter, 1 cm thick patties and arrange in a small pan..
- Dredge Step 5 in the batter from Step 2. (If you grip it with chopsticks, it will probably crumble, so get enough batter on it so that it doesn't break when picked up.).
- Coat both sides of the meat from Step 6 with panko in a bowl..
- Heat the oil and fry Step 7 in it. Transfer to a plate and top with the grated onion from Step 1..