Vickys Sunshine Cake, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free.
You can cook Vickys Sunshine Cake, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free using 4 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sunshine Cake, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free
- It’s 1/2 of of Vickys Shortcrust Pastry recipe, sweet version (make whole amount then freeze the half you're not using).
- You need 1 of whole amount of Vickys 'Cake Box' Cake Mix recipe, made with 1tsp almond extract in place of the vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 tbsp of raspberry jam/preserves.
- You need 1 of icing sugar, flaked almonds and/or a cherry to garnish.
Vickys Sunshine Cake, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F and line & grease a 9" pie tin or loose bottomed cake tin.
- Roll out the pastry and place it into the pie dish, moulding it to the bottom and sides https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Trim the edge and prick the bottom with a fork to prevent air bubbles forming.
- Bake blind for 10 minutes then set aside to firm up while you make up the cake mix.
- Add the wet ingredients listed in my box mix recipe to the dry mix but add almond extract instead of vanilla (use vanilla if you want to!). Mix well until the batter is smooth and set aside https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365564-vickys-homemade-box-cake-mix-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- Spread the jam onto the pastry base with the back of the spoon. This will seal it and prevent the cake mix making it soggy as well as tasting delicious!.
- Pour the cake batter over and if using flaked almonds to decorate, add these on top now.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the sponge is golden and firm. You can test with a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out of the cake with no crumbs attached the tart is done.
- Remove from the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- When fully cooled, dust with icing sugar and add a cherry on top.
- You can make individual tarts in a muffin tin. Grease the tin and using a cookie cutter, cut rounds of pastry large enough to line each hole..
- Put a tsp of jam in the base of each then divide the cake mix evenly between each.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- If you use vanilla instead of almond extract and use the pastry overs to make a knot shape and place it on top of the cake batter before going into the oven, the tarts become Welsh Cheesecakes!.