Easy and Quick Tart.
You can cook Easy and Quick Tart using 11 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Quick Tart
- You need of For the tart base (Recipe ID: 1007735).
- You need 150 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk or soy milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s of For the custard cream (See Recipe ID: 1007749).
- You need 15 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sugar.
- You need 200 ml of Milk or soy milk.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla essence (optional).
Easy and Quick Tart instructions
- Make the tart crust Put the oil, milk (or soy milk) and salt in a bowl and mix well with a whisk. Add the pancake mix and mix. (If you use a plastic bag over your hand like a glove, it'll make things easier.).
- Put the Step 1 dough on a sheet of plastic wrap. Put another sheet of plastic wrap on top, and roll the dough out evenly to a size that's big enough to cover the tart tin (bottom and sides). See Hints..
- Butter the tart tin lightly. Peel the plastic wrap on the top of the pastry dough, and invert the dough onto the tin with the plastic on the bottom still on it. Push the dough into the tart tin over the plastic..
- Cut off the excess dough with a knife. Reinforce the sides of the crust, roll out the cut off dough and cut into thin strips. Push the strips onto any thin parts of the sides of the tart crust..
- Poke in holes with a fork, and bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Take the crust out of the tin when it has cooled..
- I changed the amount of pancake mix used to 200 g. I recommend it for people who like thick crusts, or for those who've never tried baking a tart crust before..
- Make the custard cream filling. Make sure the crust has cooled completely before spreading the cream. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144412-easy-all-purpose-custard-cream-in-the-microwave.
- Combine the cake flour and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Mix in the milk (or soy milk). Add the eggs and mix well..
- Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap (if using soy milk, see Step 11) and microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds. Mix with a small whisk or 4 chopsticks held together, and microwave for an additional 2 minutes..
- Repeat microwaving and mixing while observing the consistency of the cream. If the lines made by the whisk disappear as soon as you move it, the cream is still too thin..
- Custard cream made with soy milk thickens quicker. Using 2 medium sized eggs and a 500w microwave, it takes 2 minutes of microwaving x 2 times, 1 minute, then for 30 seconds..
- If using milk, after Step 9, it takes 1 minute of microwaving x 2 times, 30 seconds x 4 times. Microwave in short increments and mix diligently to make the cream smooth and delicious..
- Sprinkle in some vanilla essence and mix in to finish. (Optional.).
- The custard cream is done once you can see that the surface has stiffened when you take it out of the microwave. Additionally, the cream should feel very thick when you mix it! When you scoop it up with a whisk, it should form soft peaks, and the cream should slowly fall with a plop..
- The custard will stiffen a bit more when it's cooled. If the custard is too loose, it will run out of the tart when its sliced, so I recommend cooking it to a rather stiff stage while it's warm..
- Pour the custard cream into the tart crust after removing it from the tin. Top with fruits to finish..
- Here the tart is topped with thinly sliced strawberries. I lined them in a sunburst pattern starting from the edge. If you finish this with powdered sugar or a gelatin glaze, it will be even prettier..
- Here I used a can of mandarin oranges. If you pat them dry first with paper towels, the custard cream won't become soggy..
- I topped it with strawberries cut in half. I used up a whole pack. Be extravagant when strawberries are cheap..