Chocolate Butter Cream Cake. This is my favorite chocolate buttercream recipe. It's incredibly rich, creamy, silky, smooth, and easy to work with for decorating cakes and cupcakes! In this video we'll show you how to make chocolate buttercream from scratch for icing (frosting) a cake and how to apply the butter cream to the cake.
With the creaming method, you basically whip up the butter and sugar until fluffy, then you alternately add. This chocolate cake recipe is soft, fluffy, moist and so chocolatey. While cakes cool, make your frosting. You can have Chocolate Butter Cream Cake using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Butter Cream Cake
- Prepare 180 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of medium-size eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 4 of tsps cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsps of milk.
- It’s of Note: This recipe uses an automatic hand-mixer and gas oven.
We used this Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting. Cool to room temperature before frosting. Making a chocolate cake, or need a frosting for cupcakes? Our easy chocolate buttercream perfectly complements a cocoa sponge for a party or afternoon tea.
Chocolate Butter Cream Cake step by step
- Pre-heat your oven to the highest setting. You will reduce it to the lowest before baking.
- Lightly grease your baking pan with butter.
- Whisk your butter and sugar on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Your butter should be soft before whipping.
- Add in your eggs one at a time and whisk for 1 minute per addition.
- Drizzle on your vanilla flavour and whisk for another 1 minute to combine.
- Sift half of your flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into the butter batter.
- Combine with a spatula. Mix till all ingredients are incorporated. Don't over-mix.
- Add in 1 tbsp of milk.
- Repeat step 4-7.
- Transfer your cake batter into your baking pan. I used bread pans (that's what I had available). Use your spatula to smoothen out the top.
- Turn down your oven heat to the lowest and bake for 25 minutes.
- Insert a dry cutlery/toothpick to check if it is cooked. The cutlery should come out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking it out.
- Enjoy 🤤.
Buttercream Cake – White Chocolate & Caramel. Good chocolate cake may be the perfect dessert and this one does not disappoint. The chocolate Italian buttercream frosting can be a bit of a challenge, especially in a hot. Sour Cream-Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze Adapted, only barely, from Sky High: Irresistable Triple-Layer Cakes. Serve it in the thinnest slices possible, and keep a glass of milk handy.