Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade.
You can have Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade
- Prepare of Cake and Spices.
- You need 3-2/3 cups of cake mix homemade see my recipe.
- It’s of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1-1/3 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 3 of large Eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of peanut oil.
- It’s of Filling layer.
- It’s 2-1/2 cup of strawberry preserves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of whiskey.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of Maple Glaze see my recipe.
Strawberry Preserves Cake, Homemade step by step
- Mix the buttermilk, Beat the eggs oil, and vanilla extract. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit..
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients..
- Heat the 2 cast iron dishes. Stir or use hand mixer till the batter is smooth and no lumps. Measure equal amounts one cup at the time, into each cast iron dish..
- When all the batter is used put into oven for 25-30 minutes. If pulling away from the sides of cast iron early the test for doneness. If spongy in middle and pulling away from sides it's most likely done take out of oven, and cast iron, and allow to cool..
- While baking add strawberry preserves to a pot with 1 tablespoon whiskey, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- When the cake and fruit, has cooled add fruit mixture to the top, of bottom layer, of the cake. I used a fork to stab the bottom layer so the juices seeped into the cake a bit. Stack and add glaze. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.