My Secret Recipe for Pound Cake.
You can cook My Secret Recipe for Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Secret Recipe for Pound Cake
- Prepare 100 grams of ☆Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆Baking powder.
- You need 70 grams of ☆Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Egg.
- You need 10 grams of Honey.
- It’s 50 grams of ◎Milk.
- Prepare 20 grams of ◎Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla essence.
My Secret Recipe for Pound Cake instructions
- Put the dry ingredients in a heat resistant bowl, and stir with a whisk. Break up any lumps and mix everything up thoroughly. By doing this, you don't need to sift the dry ingredients..
- Preheat the oven to 170℃. Measure the milk and oil into a small saucepan..
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, remove the chalaza, and beat well. Line a pound cake pan with a liner or parchment paper..
- Add the beaten eggs and honey in the center of the dry ingredients, and stir only the center with a whisk. Gradually mix in the flour from the outside edges, and mix altogether..
- Heat the milk and oil in the saucepan. When it comes to a boil, turn off the heat. Pour half of it into the batter and mix. Then pour in the rest of the mixture and mix well..
- Add the vanilla essence, mix, and pour the batter into the pound cake pan. Gently drop the pan from a height of 4-5 cm onto a work surface a few times to remove air bubbles, and put it on a baking tray..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170℃ for 28 minutes. After 9-10 minutes, take the cake out from the oven, and make a vertical slit in the center..
- Put the cake back into the oven, and keep baking. Insert a toothpick, and if it comes out clean, it's done! Take the cake out from the oven, and gently tap the pan onto the work surface once to remove air..
- Place the cake pan on a cooling rack, and cover the cake with cling film over the pan. When the pan is cool enough to touch, remove the cake, wrap with cling film, and let it cool at room temperature..
- Once it's cooled, it's done! Cut into pieces, and enjoy! If you want to store the cake, cut the cake into slices and cover each piece with cling film..
- If it's possible, after cooling the cake at room temperature, let it sit in the fridge for a whole day to make it more moist and it will be even tastier. Bring it to room temperature before eating..
- I bought the pound cake pan (metal) and a liner from a 100 yen shop..
- Bring the eggs to room temperature before use. Wait until the oven is preheated before you do Step 4 to Step 6, and bake the cake straight away!.
- The baking time is set to 28 minutes, but check with a toothpick around 26 minutes. If it comes out clean, it's OK to finish baking..
- Addendum: This cake is moderately sweet with 60 g sugar. It may be as sweet as normal cakes with 70 g sugar. Adjust the amount of sugar to taste!.
- Check this recipe for Moist Banana Caketo use up fully ripe bananas. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/151664-moist-banana-cake-with-1-tablespoon-of-vegetable-oil.