Okonomiyaki in the Oven. Once it cools down (no sauce or toppings), wrap each okonomiyaki in aluminum foil and put it in a freezer bag. When you want to eat it, defrost first and put it in a toaster oven or oven to heat it up. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) (listen ) is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon (flour-based Japanese cuisine).
Topping the Okonomiyaki is another area. Cooking Okonomiyaki takes time, especially when you make many. Why don't you bake it in oven just like pizza? You can cook Okonomiyaki in the Oven using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki in the Oven
- You need of This recipe triples the ingredients from Recipe ID: 893421.
- You need 800 grams of Cabbage.
- Prepare 6 of Green onions.
- It’s 300 grams of Thinly sliced pork (or ham).
- Prepare 100 grams of Tempura crumbs.
- Prepare 300 grams of ◎Cake flour.
- It’s 60 grams of ◎Katakuriko.
- It’s 15 grams of ◎Baking powder.
- You need 3 of ◆Eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each ◆Soy sauce, sugar, dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of ◆Salt.
- Prepare 1 of around 500 ml Water.
You can make very large Okonomiyaki at a time and you don't need to flip it over. Again I listed Pork and Cabbage in this recipe. The shredded or chopped cabbage in the base is a given, but beyond that, you can add whatever you'd like to the batter. Once you've got a few Japanese staples in your pantry (all of which have Okonomi means "how you want it," and an okonomiyaki is one of the world's most infinitely adaptable dishes.
Okonomiyaki in the Oven instructions
- Prep: Roughly chop the cabbage. Finely chop the green onions. Beat the eggs. Cube the ham to 1-2 cm and preheat the oven..
- Combine ◎ ingredients in a bowl. Add ◆ ingredients. Add water in 2 – 3 batches and mix..
- When the batter is no longer lumpy, add cabbage, green onions and tempura crumbs and mix. Mix, mix, mix..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and plop the okonomiyaki batter right into the middle of the pan! Spread it out into a square shape..
- If using ham, cut into 1 – 2 cm cubes and mix into the batter. This time I used thinly sliced pork, made layers by covering the topped pork with more batter..
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes at 200ºC..
- After 40 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes). When it has finished baking, top with sauce, mayonnaise, aonori, and bonito flakes and it's done..
- I don't have a large serving dish, so I made a space on the table, put aluminum foil and plopped it down. The size of the finished Okonomiyaki is 20 x 30 cm..
- Related recipe: Cake-style Okonomiyaki, https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153484-cake-style-okonomiyaki.
How to make OKONOMIYAKI Thank you for the requests! Okonomiyaki = grill what you like. We love having it for lunch and it also makes great finger food, cut up in squares, much like the Spanish tortilla. Okonomiyaki Sauce can make or break the final dish, I give you a simple Okonomiyaki sauce recipe. Okonomiyaki originated in the Kansai region of southern Japan, but its popularity has spread to the country as a whole, with each region putting its own spin on Repeat the process with the remaining batter to make more pancakes, holding them warm in the oven as each is completed until all are done.